Pipeline Test

DreamBliss

Pipeline Test

Post by DreamBliss » Mon May 27, 2013 12:05 pm

This is not really a WIP per say, although I will be working on this until I understand everything. This is not intended to be an official age or anything. Put it together following Andy's tutorials in about an hour. Had to re-remember some 3DS Max stuff. Anyhow let me know if the attached file has all you need to upload this so I can test it.

I'm still not entirely sure how I access this. I didn't create a linking book or anything. I don't even know how to open the console. I thought that was done with a forward slash or something. Well let me know if there is anything else I need to do to get this working and playable in-game.

BTW if this is not the preferred method of contact, that is starting a thread or using this one and attaching a file, again please let me know.

Thank you!
Attachments
PipelineTest.zip
(2.93 KiB) Downloaded 1664 times

Christopher

Re: Pipeline Test

Post by Christopher » Mon May 27, 2013 8:32 pm

ok, I uploaded the age. As I said in the other thread, we don't need the .prp file. Your next step is to copy your files in your dat folder. Then you have to open your Console in game. To do this you need an Internal Client if you are in your Relto use the "`"-key to open the console. Then type "net.linktoage PipelineTest" into it and press <Enter>. If you did all right you should be in your age ;)

Christopher

DreamBliss

Post by DreamBliss » Tue May 28, 2013 12:03 am

Well I copied my age files into the my client and it won't run. Crashes, or wants server.ini. I will try The Magician's tutorials as well as recompile another client with CWE 912. I really wish there was an up-to-date, fully tested and working tutorial somewhere on building a client. Anyhow after that I don't know what else to do.

When I tried to run my ages in the Destiny .dat folder I got some sort of encryption error. I think i read somewhere that ages mush be encrypted. I didn't do that with mine - have no idea how. Could this be where my problems are coming from?

Mystler
Administrator

Post by Mystler » Tue May 28, 2013 7:30 am

I do not know where exactly you are stuck now but after exporting your age with max, all you have to do is copying the .age and .prp (and .fni if the is any) files to your dat folder.
If you use the same client you could already play with it should work, I guess.

Christopher

Post by Christopher » Tue May 28, 2013 11:17 am

DreamBliss wrote:Well I copied my age files into the my client and it won't run. Crashes, or wants server.ini.
I though you got your Client to work?
DreamBliss wrote:When I tried to run my ages in the Destiny .dat folder I got some sort of encryption error. I think i read somewhere that ages mush be encrypted. I didn't do that with mine - have no idea how. Could this be where my problems are coming from?
You have to encrypt your .age file. There is a tutorial on the GOW-wiki: http://www.guildofwriters.org/wiki/Max:Exporting
If you don't have libHSPlasma you can use the attached version of PlasmaCrypt.

Christopher
Attachments
PlasmaCrypt.zip
(1.07 MiB) Downloaded 1676 times

Mystler
Administrator

Post by Mystler » Wed May 29, 2013 5:58 am

Nope, you don't even have to encrypt your age file (anymore).

Christopher

Post by Christopher » Wed May 29, 2013 7:42 am

Yeah I forgot this. I tried out your files and everything is working for me. I think the problem is somewhere with your client. I will try to make a clean installation on my computer and make a step-by-step tutorial on how to setup the client to work...

Christopher

DreamBliss

Post by DreamBliss » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:16 am

I will be sending along another .age file later to see how it works.

Looking forward to that client tutorial!