The precompiled client is missing stuff...

DreamBliss

The precompiled client is missing stuff...

Post by DreamBliss » Thu May 23, 2013 10:40 am

Fortunately I compiled Plasma recently so I had all the .exe files I needed. Unfortunately I used older PhysX, so not sure if it will work or not.

Anyhow I copied over plUruLauncher.exe and the Destiny Shard loading screen came up. I also used my own plClient.exe and CrashHandle.exe, which may cause me issues. But I can extract those back from the archive if needed.

Oh and I think you forgot to mention that you need to copy the sfx and dat folders from the Uru Live install folder.

I will detail everything in my upcoming video tutorial assuming I get it all to work :D

Curious, and double-posting here from my thread at GoW, but is it possible to play other ages besides my own on Destiny, and what is the process? I'm about to see if I can login. But I assume I'll start at the desert and have to work through the cleft. Unless there is another way to directly access stuff? Oh and does Destiny work with Drizzle, or not?

Appreciate your help!

UPDATE! Slight update here... Patcher program isn't going anywhere. Looks like things aren't working, or aren't online or something. I re-extracted the original precompiled files over, overwrote my stuff, no different. Still using my own plUruLauncher. If I don't, and double-click the plClient, I get an error. Well until I know whether its on your end or mine I'll put this on hold. If its on my end I will re-compile everything per the provided instructions. Should I upload this when I am done?

Let me know!

Christopher

Re: The precompiled client is missing stuff...

Post by Christopher » Thu May 23, 2013 11:07 am

You don't need the plUruLauncher. You only need plClient and plCrashHandler. First you have to make link of your plClient, then rightclick your link and select "Properties". There you should have a box "Target:" At the end of this line you add "-LocalData" as in this picture:

Now start the client with your link. The -LocalData means, that your client will use the files on your Harddrive and not the files on the server. This also means, that you have to make to additional folders in your game directory called "Python" and "SDL". There you have to copy the Python scripts and SDL scripts. If you done everything right it should work now.
DreamBliss wrote:is it possible to play other ages besides my own on Destiny, and what is the process?
In theory yes. I will soon post a list of all additional ages on the Destiny. But we don't share the game files. So if you get the PRPs from other shards like Gehn or TOC you can also use them here.
DreamBliss wrote:Oh and does Destiny work with Drizzle, or not?
The Destiny is a MOULa based client, which means it is not compatible with Drizzle ages.

I hope I answered all your questions. And welcome to the Destiny :)

Christopher

DreamBliss

Post by DreamBliss » Thu May 23, 2013 11:32 am

Hey thank you for your help!

I did as you said, but get an error that, "...is not a valid Win32 application."

Found the CWE912 client, seems like a vanilla client build. Decided to use that, copy over the sfx and dat folders from Uru Live, extracted the SDL and precompiled stuff from here. Still no dice. Launches fine if I use UruLauncher. I'll try that shortcut thing with it.

UPDATE!
Tried the shortcut -LocalData thing with both UruLauncher.exe and UruExplorer.exe from the CWE 912 Client build. No dice. Removed all that stuff, kept only the Python folder from it, used the SDL from here and the extracted the files from the Destiny Client. Still had my Uru Live game file folder copies in place. Made a shortcut, tried the -LocalData thing, still getting the "... not a valid Win32 application" error.

So not working for me... Yet. Sleeping now...

DreamBliss

Post by DreamBliss » Thu May 23, 2013 11:44 am

SUCCESS!!!

Well partially... Crashed out when it couldn't find resource.dat. Will copy that over and see what happens.

So I tried my plClient.exe that I compiled on my machine and it errored about python27.dll. So I searched my build directory and found python27.dll and python27_d.dll. Copied those over, shortcut, login screen! OK, back in a flash...

:)

Christopher

Post by Christopher » Thu May 23, 2013 12:14 pm

So I suppose it works now?

DreamBliss

Post by DreamBliss » Thu May 23, 2013 12:29 pm

Well here's the rest of the story... Put in the resources.dat, crashed on Physx install. So I copied over the installer from the Ghen Shard (I had the old PhysX installed from Ageia and forgot to update), ran again, installed PhysX, everything works now.

The city is strange, I get stuck on the stairs and areas are blocked off that normally aren't, plus I can't get my Maintainer's shirt from Kirel. But no big deal, I have my KI and everything is ready now, I think.

So once I have an age I would like to play, how do I go about doing so? Assuming of course I have sent you the .age file. Also is there any way to bring over my MOUL status from another server, such as MOULa, to Destiny? Just curious about that last bit. It would really suck to have to beat the cleft about a half dozen times, each time for another shard...

Thanks for your help, now I really am going to bed...

Christopher

Post by Christopher » Thu May 23, 2013 2:10 pm

DreamBliss wrote:The city is strange, I get stuck on the stairs and areas are blocked off that normally aren't, plus I can't get my Maintainer's shirt from Kirel. But no big deal[...]
That's because the Destiny is not intendet as a "playing" shard. The Destiny is intendet as testing shard.
DreamBliss wrote:So once I have an age I would like to play, how do I go about doing so? Assuming of course I have sent you the .age file.
If we have uploaded the file, you copy the game files (.age, .prp) over to your dat folder. Then you can link to this age.
DreamBliss wrote:Also is there any way to bring over my MOUL status from another server, such as MOULa, to Destiny? Just curious about that last bit. It would really suck to have to beat the cleft about a half dozen times, each time for another shard...
No there is no way to do this. But you don't have play through the cleft to test your ages...

Christopher

Mystler
Administrator

Post by Mystler » Fri May 24, 2013 11:07 pm

I suppose your question about how to play your age was referring to linking there too. In that case, you can use the console and the "Net.LinkToAge <agename>" command.

J'Kla

Post by J'Kla » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:21 pm

NOTE: Repeat post from GoW Forum.

This is strange I am having an issue with plClient.exe

I was using Windows 7 Pro and I have had to upgrade to Windows 10 on my main PC because of some unrelated software needs.

So, I have the upgrade DVD I made when it was a free upgrade and I reluctantly moved to Windows 10.

I do have another desktop that’s still running Windows 7 Home and I can log into my Home LAN based dirtsand from that so I know that end is OK.

Initially the Upgraded Windows 10 was fine and I was able to use the dirtsand without issue in some ways it was slightly better in that appeared to load marginally quicker.

Then I had a flock of Windows 10 updates and ever since the plClient.exe fails at password it just switches off. No messages or anything. Actually, that’s wrong the first time I run it hangs at the little Getting Uru box and crashes if you do anything else and any subsequent attempts it does not even show that small crumb, it bombs out before I can even type in the password.

I can log into my dirtsand shard with Putty and CoreFTP.

I can use the same windows 10 to access MOULa which kind of proves that the DirectX and PhysX are fine. This fails for both Destiny and my own dirtsand installation.

Plus before I am asked yes I made the shortcut and set the -LocalData switch.

I have a second PC that was also fine but this one after its update decided that it was going to be a pain and stop all access until I reinstalled Windows 10, and that was the point at which plClient.exe stopped working.

The second PC was more catastrophic because it decided that in order to solve the issues it was having it would stop links to any installed software. It did not remove the software it just stopped them all working no uninstall and most have come back to life with a reinstall but it has been a pain.

I just hate being shafted by Microsoft.

I suspect it may be related to either Windows Firewall or Defender