Precompiled H'uru Client

J'Kla

Re: Precompiled H'uru Client

Post by J'Kla » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:26 pm

This is where I enter head banging mode.

I can build my ages I am well familiar with Blender I am getting to grips with Korman but there are elements of Korman that have issues with TpotS.

So after some inquires It was suggested that I use the destiny client now I down loaded the files extracted and am able to run the client .exe using a shortcut from the desktop.

I am ruuning on Windows 7 (Both Pro and Home 2 different PC's)

However I get exactly the same error as DreamBliss

Mystler Prompted

Don't forget to run the client with /LocalData

Now it would help if I understood what that meant and how to run a client with /LocalData but it may as well be written in some ancient D'ni dialect obviously I need the help of someone who has gotten this to run and can provide this idiot with an "Idiots Guide"

I do get a login screen and I am able to login using my login and password for this forum but thats the point where it goes all runny and I get the error message. ;)

Mystler
Administrator

Post by Mystler » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:34 pm

Running with /LocalData means it will only use the data files your client has and not try to communicate with a file download server (which Destiny does not have/offer).

How to do it? Drag and drop UruExplorer.exe somewhere with your right mouse button pressed and click "Create shortcut here". This will create a shortcut. Right click that one and head into "Properties". There, at the end of the "Target" field add "/LocalData" or "-LocalData" (no difference if you use dash or slash) and hit OK. Then launch the game by double clicking that shortcut.

J'Kla

Post by J'Kla » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:15 am

Thanks I have added shortcuts before but I have never had to do anything with the properties besides changing the icon or making it pretend it was using an older version of Windows.

I thank you sincerely for a clear and concise instructions and explanation. :D

J'Kla

Post by J'Kla » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:25 am

[Additional Information.]
In the Target field the -LocalData has to be added after the existing closing speech marks and and a space added between the speech mark and the
-LocalData
[/Additional Information.]

On firing up the screen went black and I went to bed wen the Msg count was over 520,000 Next morning I had to restart the computer and the Msg count started again.

So I came back here and read the post about cloning my Uru Live data posted by DreamBliss then I added in the Client files so I tried this and that appeared to work as I got the startup avatar creation screen.

As a test I was able to add a generic Avatar Jim and go collect a KI via the normal method.

However my default avatar name is J'Kla with an apostrophe when I try to create an avatar with this name I get a pop up window Top Left of the screen that is semi transparent and appears to be a text input screen. This has the heading

Plasma 2.0 Console
]

This is not really an issue just a heads up as for testing purposes any avatar will do the job.

I am presuming to get my new ages in for testing I just post the MOULa output from Korman to the dat sub directory of my new Destiny Client directory.

Once this is done how do I access the said new age?

BTW I have printed a hard copy of the "Console Commands for Plasma 2.0 Client" I suspect some of the answers are in that.

Mystler
Administrator

Post by Mystler » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:39 am

Yes, there is a thread pinned with some information for age testing. See viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16.

I have heard that new age testing by now also works without having to send in .age files but I'm not absolutely sure. Feel free to test by just copying your files locally, but if you encounter problems, you can use the form to send in your age file and I'll make sure the server knows about it.

J'Kla

Post by J'Kla » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:38 pm

Ok I will try this but if I am going to have to send in a file for testing it's not going to work. I typicaly do a development session that involves about seven hours solid continuous age building and the posting of over twenty-five updates testing various changes.

If I can do this without uploading to the server it is a possibility this was the advantage of testing with TpotS.

Now I am told there is an issue with the ladders template on TpotS so I cant test that way.

J'Kla

Post by J'Kla » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:49 pm

Posted the .ace and .prp files to the local directory and was able to use the console to access the age.

Next step install ladders and need to test them. ;)

J'Kla

Post by J'Kla » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:07 pm

Ok I have my first ladder installed and working.

I presume we only need the age on the server if we want others testing the age but that's not an issue yet.

There is a significant amount of work to do but I am happy with the status quo and I will document my progress and flag thisup on the guild of writers as a working method. :D

Mystler
Administrator

Post by Mystler » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:33 pm

Nice to see it working for you. Have Fun testing, then! :D

Let me just clarify one point, if you send in an age file, you do *not* have to upload it again every time you export the age. The age file only contains very basic information like name, sequence prefix and what PRP files with the actual data to load. The only time you have to send in a newer version of your age file is when you deliberately added a new PRP Page (and thus the .age content was changed).
However, as we can see it seems to work fine without that upload for now. :)

J'Kla

Post by J'Kla » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:41 pm

Yes I am going experiment with chopping it into pages so I will save the upload till then.