Precompiled H'uru Client

Christopher

Precompiled H'uru Client

Post by Christopher » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:22 pm

For those of you, who simply want to test their ages but don't know how to compile the client, I compiled one for you.
You can download the client with all needed files here and a documentation for the Plasma Console here.

IMPORTANT: The destiny doesn't have a data server. This means you have to make a short cut to the plClient.exe with the -LocalData argument

Christopher

[Last Update: 2022-08-22 by Mystler based H'uru build https://github.com/H-uru/Plasma/actions/runs/2900525283]

robssbcglobal

Re: Precompiled H'uru Client

Post by robssbcglobal » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:42 pm

had to replace python27.dll and python27_d.dll to get plClient to work from devlibs
the files included with plclient that python27 it comes with crashes the app on windows 7
also had to use moul-scripts-master linked files from zip to get toc moul to work with plclient
the SDL 7z file doesn't seem to work right the file sizes are all wrong but the sdl from moul-scripts-master web page got it working with plclient, I am guessing you guys knew this yes?
from the open cave version TocMoul.2.11- External Release, you have to include the right python and right scripts from
https://github.com/TOC-Shard/moul-scripts is needed , not working is files from sdl.7zip pack
http://guildofwriters.com/tools/devlibs.zip this is where I got my working python27.dll version to lunch this app

Christopher

Post by Christopher » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:44 pm

I forgot some files in the package, so I updated it. I also made a new package with the needed scripts. So I hope everything works now. If the client should still crash at some point, please say so.

Christopher

DreamBliss

Post by DreamBliss » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:43 am

Thank you for the update and all your hard work Christopher.

I will give this a spin tonight or tomorrow and report back.

Two questions...
1. Do the files need to be encrypted before they are sent to you (currently not remembering... )?
2. Will Drizzled age files work?

Thanks again!

UPDATE!
So I set everything up, and I get the error, "The application failed to start correctly."

Christopher

Post by Christopher » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:36 pm

DreamBliss wrote:1. Do the files need to be encrypted before they are sent to you (currently not remembering... )?
No, they don't need to be encrypted.
DreamBliss wrote:2. Will Drizzled age files work?
In theory they work, but I would like the unencrypted files. Otherwise I first have to decrypt them.
DreamBliss wrote:So I set everything up, and I get the error, "The application failed to start correctly."
Sometimes I hate this client... I don't think you have some more information about it? I will once again take a look into it.

EDIT: It would also be helpfull to know where you got this error (at the beginning, at the loading screen, ...)

EDIT2: I tried to reproduce your problem, but everything works fine for me. I took a clean MOULa Installation, unziped both packages into the new folder, created the shortcut and started uru. So if you have some additional informations about your problem it would be helpful.

I don't know which OS you are running, but Windows XP isn't supported by my precompiled client.

Christopher

DreamBliss

Post by DreamBliss » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:21 am

I got the error immediately on clicking on the shortcut I created per instructions given.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

I will clone my MOUL directory and try again. If that fails I will uninstall MOUL, do a fresh install, clone that and see what happens. I will also compile my own client with the 9.12 build in the next few days and try that.

I'll be back with any updates...

Christopher

Post by Christopher » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:28 am

DreamBliss wrote:I will uninstall MOUL
I think you don't need to do that... But you can try to delete your TOS.txt in your MOUL directory. This forces MOUL to check your installation for corrupted files. It does basically the same as a reinstall. I would be interested if this works...
Another thing: Have you installed the VS2012 runtime? Maybe this is the problem... But I thought this would throw another error...

Christopher

DreamBliss

Post by DreamBliss » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:42 am

I have the 32 and 64 bit versions of all VC Redist from 2005 - 2012.

Christopher

Post by Christopher » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:52 am

Then I am sorry. I have no idea what could cause the crash and I can't search for a solution because I can't reproduce the problem... Maybe you find something...

Christopher

Mystler
Administrator

Post by Mystler » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:12 pm

I have updated Christopher's precompiled client to match the new BuildID. This client should also run on XP and without the VS2012 runtime.

@DreamBliss,
you can try if this client works for you.