Precompiled H'uru Client

philipgr

Re: Precompiled H'uru Client

Post by philipgr » Thu May 27, 2021 2:13 pm

Good afternoon

I have just read Dulcamara's posts on her inability to connect to her Relto. I also went and looked at Yulyfortoday's screenshot. It appears from it that Destiny cannot find the GUI_District_StartupHelpGUI.prp file. I am wondering if she added her Destiny Dat folder to the PATH entry in the Environment Variables and then rebooted her PC if this would solver her issue. Before I was put on pension last year I was a QikRes (JavaQik) scripter and for the program to run properly there were a few folders that had to be added to the PATH entry. The install program usually did this automatically but sometimes for some unknown reason it did not so I would have to added the them manually to the PATH entry.

Last month I downloaded the client on page one of this thread and unzipped it. I added /localdata to the url in my shortcut. I was able to get to my Relto without incident. I am also able to click the linking panel of my neighbourhood book.

Theo

Post by Theo » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:11 am

I have been asked by a Fan Age artist / designer / developer to playtest / review developmental work in progress on Destiny Shard. When I questioned the broad range of available choices to download from and my uncertainty as to my needs, I was told to start with viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3, to start with downloading the client from that first post by Christopher. Copy my dat, avi and sfx folders from my MOULa install and paste them in a folder I have created outside of Program Files as usual. Then unzip the client into that folder. Create a shortcut for Destiny by rightclicking the UruExplorer.exe file in that new folder, rightclick that shortcut and go into properties, add -LocalData, with a space first at the end of the Target field.

This is what my Destiny Shard Filespace looks like, the shortcut configuration and the error message I'm getting right now:
Attachments
Destiny Shard Errorset.png
Destiny Shard Errorset.png (42.37 KiB) Viewed 110390 times

philipgr

Post by philipgr » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:34 am

Hi Theo

I am using Windows Ultimate 7 64 bit. I found the vcruntime140_1.dll in my Windows System 32 folder
My System32. I have azipped the file and added it to this post. Hopefully it will help you. folder.jpg
Attachments
vcruntime140_1.zip
(19.03 KiB) Downloaded 1154 times
My System32 folder.jpg
My System32 folder.jpg (193.28 KiB) Viewed 110387 times

Mystler
Administrator

Post by Mystler » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:42 pm

It needs the corresponding VC Runtime. Usually most systems have it installed from other software already but you can get it here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=52685

Theo

Post by Theo » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:57 pm

Thanks to your help, Destiny Shard is now running smoothly for me.

TheScar

Post by TheScar » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:35 pm

Christopher wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:22 pm
For those of you, who simply want to test their ages but don't know how to compile the client, I compiled one for you.
You can download the client with all needed files here and a documentation for the Plasma Console here.

IMPORTANT: The destiny doesn't have a data server. This means you have to make a short cut to the plClient.exe with the -LocalData argument

Christopher

[Last Update: 2022-08-22 by Mystler based H'uru build https://github.com/H-uru/Plasma/actions/runs/2900525283]
The last link leads to a 404 error.